Protecting Your RV with Slide-Out Covers
Friday, September 30th, 2011 17:48:19
Slide-out covers (a.k.a. slide toppers) are important for the protection of your RV against water damage–which leads to rotted floors and sidewalls.† They also prevent leaves, branches, acorns and other debris from collecting on top of slide rooms that damage seals and other moving parts.
Slideout covers are available for any type of RV with a slide room.† Ideally, they are professionally installed when purchasing a new RV.† However, they can be added at any time and will immediately begin doing their part to extend the life of your travel trailer, fifth wheel or motorhome.
Since they extend in and out with your slide room, slideout covers require no setup and are self-clearing.† Any debris or water that has collected on the slideout cover will simply drop off the side of the room when it is retracted back into the coach. They are easy to maintain and can be washed whenever cleaning your roof and awning.
We recommend watching the RV Slideout Covers Video on the Petes RV YouTube Channel. Heres just a few of the key takeaways from the informative, 5.5-minute video with Sales Manager Todd McGinnis:
- Slide toppers primary function not so much to keep rain off as out
- They extend with the slide room, so no additional set-up required
- Slide toppers prevent falling debris like branches from tearing slide room seals
- Available for all RV types, makes and models
- An inexpensive investment compared to cost of repairs to replace rotted roof, walls or damaged slideouts
- Adds only a few dollars a month when built into RV payment plans
If you are in the greater Burlington, VT or Schererville, IN area, our dealerships offer professional service and repair on most RV brands and types. The Petes RV Store stocks a full selection of parts and accessories.
To learn about current sales deals on Slideout Covers and Installation, call the Petes RV Parts and Service Center location nearest you.